Ok, so another AWESOME recipe, with an easy GF option!
Chicken enchiladas have always been a staple in our house, but thanks to Joyful Mamma’s Kitchen (a fellow pinner) I have found a recipe that is easily made gluten free and doesn’t contain any “condensed soup” which makes me even happier!
Here is the recipe… (Found at http://www.joyful-mommas-kitchen.blogspot.com/2011/09/white-chicken-enchiladas.html)
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
*These are seriously so so good*
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I cooked my chicken on the stovetop and added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, then shredded it)
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream (I used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup greek yogurt)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil; you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese. (I baked mine on 350 for 35 min.)
Use Bob’s gluten free all purpose flour (or your favorite GF flour) instead of regular flour.
Use corn tortillas or brown rice tortilla’s instead of flour tortillas.
AND THAT IS IT, you will have a wonderful GF dinner!!